We have been moved out. Last October, I had the bright idea that we needed to renovate our kitchen before the baby was born. After picking through carptenters, going to the bank, picking out colours, flooring, sinks, tile, countertop, paint, etc, our start date was January 26. Our wonderful friends took us in (out of pity) and we are now living at the Krahns. Luckily, Lauren is not only our new roomate, but our electrician, and will be expediting the job of electrical to ensure that we do not stay longer than necessary.
So here we are - anxious greyhound that farts and is on herbal remedies, 2.5 year old toddler learning to exert her will, sore tired pregnant woman who has so far had a gastro virus, bladder infection that really wasn't labour, and a spill down their icy stairs, plus a husband that is convinced that the reno will cost 100% more than we anticipated.
Janelle and Lauren assure us they are still our friends, but I am feeling anxious, because after stripping the house down the beams, we have discovered that either the house was previously renovated by not very good trades people or beavers. Our carpenter that we hired has assured us that 60 year old wool that insulates the house is actually good stuff, and he would replace some of the "sticks" that were previously holding up our half story.
So we are a ways from adding the gorgeous tiles and sexy flooring that I have aquired. It is not all about the colours I am realizing.
So from on location at the Krahns, I apologize for the slow blogging, lack of pictures, and general disinterest with the computer. Our computer is currently under 1.34cm of toxic dust. I will post pictures as we can load them!
Love Briar
Momistory
-
I decided last year, using the advice of inimitable Oprah, Rob Bell (An
Anatomy of Restlessness) and a few insightful colleagues to: "be Mandy" and
"to f...
7 years ago
1 comment:
Hey chickie :D
Oh, life, how thou art precious and filled with excrement. (Book of Mandy, Chapter 2, verse 3).
Your beautiful rewards for growing the baby and reno-ing the kitchen are coming! Stay strong chickie!
Mandy
Post a Comment