Well it is New Year's Eve. After a quick trip to Ontario to visit my Mom before Christmas to back to Lac La Biche for a quick week for Christmas to visit the Shaws we are home. I am looking forward to getting back to real life.
I decided I don't have a whole lot of resolutions, just looking forward to getting a lot done for 2009.
Our list of to do's:
1. Potty Train Ava. We used no diapers yesterday - all potty and a lot of mini eggs. Today was fruity snacks and was successful again!
2. Start and finish renovations. Our windows are being installed on the 19th. We have to strip the kitchen of stuff, and because I am almost capable of nothing at the moment, I will be recruiting friends, Ben, and our cleaning lady to pull everything out and take it downstairs. I am so looking forward to getting everything done!
3. Maintain being pregnant without breaking my pelvis. I definately do not have a body that likes being pregnant, so am trying to do very little right now. Considering it is -25 celcius, I am starting to go stir crazy...
4. Try to master my budget. We recommended You Need a Budget to our friends Michelle and David, and they have since mastered it and moved on. I have now been picking David's brain to make the program work for us. Because I was blessed with a large love of shopping, and a poor love of frugality, I happily took charge of the budget to gain responsiblity with money when we first got married. Our friends Merle and Caroline gave us a wonderful system for budgeting on paper, and You Need a Budget is the computer version. It works amazing, and I am 85% of the way there, but always looking for tips.
I will save the rest after February. Putting having a baby on number 5 is too ambitious for me.
I hope everyone is having a wonderful day, and a good 2009!
Momistory
-
I decided last year, using the advice of inimitable Oprah, Rob Bell (An
Anatomy of Restlessness) and a few insightful colleagues to: "be Mandy" and
"to f...
7 years ago
1 comment:
Hey Briar! I tagged you in a meme. See here: http://liz.rockonchicago.com/currently/these-make-me-happy/
Post a Comment