So last week it was my scarf. In Fairview so I thought (I travel to different schools for my job). Fairview is an hour away from Peace River. I love that scarf. My sister-in-law Erin bought me that scarf in Africa when she went. It became a piece of me in my pregnancy with Ava, and I was loving it again this pregnancy. So I drove back to Fairview, because I didn't believe the secretary when she couldn't find it. I was POSITIVE it HAD to be there. And it wasn't. And I felt like crying because I had just driven and hour there and and an hour back. On my DAY OFF. I found the scarf at ANOTHER school in Peace River. I was SO irritated.
So then my wallet. This time it was in Fairview. At the Hardware store. One week later. I was literally in tears when my good friend Annette said her husband would pick it up for me on his way through to Grande Prairie.
Yesterday it was the amount of baking soda. I put in 4x the amount of soda I needed and only doubled the recipe (pancakes). I only noticed when Ava made a face when she took an indiscreet lick of the spoon.
So today, I had 4x the amount of pancake mix in my fridge. I thought GREAT - easy breakfast. So I turned on the cast iron pan, added oil, and promptly forgotten I hadn't eaten breakfast. Not that I had just forgotten the pan, but I why I turned the pan on in the first place.
So my house was smoking and the smoke detector was screaming at me. That reminded me that I hadn't eaten breakfast.
I need an alarm attached to my keys....gotta love pregnancy!
Momistory
-
I decided last year, using the advice of inimitable Oprah, Rob Bell (An
Anatomy of Restlessness) and a few insightful colleagues to: "be Mandy" and
"to f...
7 years ago
2 comments:
Hey, at least you have an excuse. I'm doing stuff like that day in, day out, and people look at me like I need to improve. I'm like, WHAT?! WORK: HARD!!
Milk that pregnancy.
Sorry I keep missing your phone calls. I just wanted to let you know that I won't be around tonight either, but I'll try calling you on Tuesday night--hopefully you'll be there:)
Talk to you later
Jen
Post a Comment